Healing @ SAyH
“At Sanjeevanam (SAyH), we have successfully integrated yoga, physiotherapy & functional fitness into our core ayurveda program to create a unique healing experience.” –Dr. A.V. Anoop, Managing Director, SAyH
“Prevention, Management & Treatment of ailments are three distinct healing interventions with different medical approaches. At Sanjeevanam, we have CARE programs with Ayurveda at its core, seamlessly integrated with other alternative wellness practices.” – Dr. Ravi Pullanikattil, Medical Director, SAyH
“Ayurveda defines health as not only the absence of disease, but also the enthusiasm to work and enthusiasm for compassion. At SAyH we have over 11 care programs carefully crafted to help guests get relief and cure from their various ailments.” –Dr. Anil Kaimal, Chief Ayurveda Physician, SAyH
Diabetes is a chronic condition characterised by persistent increased sugar levels in blood, caused either when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin or when the body cannot effectively use the insulin it produces. Early diagnosis of diabetes and pre-diabetes are essential using recommended haemoglobin A1c criteria (HbA1C).
Prameha and madhumeha are the commonly used terms to denote this condition in Ayurveda.
At Sanjeevanam, we focus on the sustainable management of diabetes and prevention in pre-diabetic patients by adopting a mutli- disciplinary approach including ayurvedic therapies, freshly prepared customised medications, yoga, dietetics & functional fitness. Special attention is given to organs most commonly affected by diabetes such as eyes, kidneys, nerves etc.
2. Geriatric & Elderly Care
Geriatrics or Jara Chikitsa is one amongst the eight branches of ayurveda, that deals with challenges associated with ageing. Ayurveda considers timely ageing as a natural progression, while untimely ageing (Akalaja Jara) is considered as a condition that requires healing intervention.
At Sanjeevanam, we have created the right environment to make our elderly guests feel at home, while ensuring that a relaxed treatment protocol helps correct any senile imbalances that might have crept in over time.
3. Post De-Addiction Rehabilitation
Addiction is a habitual psychological or physiologic dependence on a substance or practice that is beyond voluntary control. It is a chronic brain disease that causes compulsive substance use despite harmful consequences.
Any de-addiction program is often found to be extremely stressful on the body and mind. Patients are often found to re-lapse into addiction with a few years of under-going a de-addiction program.
At Sanjeevanam, we believe that any de-addiction program should be followed by a rehabilitation exercise to strengthen the physical, mental, social and spiritual aspects of the individual and succesfully integrate him/ her back into society. A typical Sanjeevanam rehabilitation program involves strengthening the body with hatha yoga and ayurvedic detoxification procedures and sharpening the mind with western counselling frameworks and kriya yoga to prepare him/ her for facing the future. After each cleansing therapy, guests follow the mandatory Samsarjana kriya (graded administration of food) to recoup the digestive ability of the individual and attain a healthy body condition.
4. Stroke Rehabilitation
Stroke is a brain injury caused by a sudden lack of blood supply to the brain either due to the rupture of a vessel or due to an interrupted blood supply. The impact of stroke depends on the area and extend of brain damage incurred.
Stroke rehabilitation involves correcting disabilities resulting from the stroke episode, such as impaired motor movements, pain and other sensory disturbances, cognitive impairment in thought, memory & emotions.
At Sanjeevanam, stroke rehabilitation programs aim to help stroke survivors “relearn” lost body and mind capabilities, using a combination of ayurvedic procedures like Snehana and Swedana, physiotherapy, hatha yoga and functional fitness. These healing interventions help improve flexibility of joints thus preventing contractures while enhancing body stability & self dependency.
5. Pain Management
Chronic pain is usually observed in joints such as hips, knees, shoulders, elbows, ankles, muscles, spine etc, often accompanied by arthritic conditions, inflammations, degenerative diseases, repeated trauma etc. Many a time chronic pain encourages for analgesic dependence and misuse. The resulting negative emotions, irritability, and feelings of anger often have a negative impact on the patient’s interpersonal relationships.
At Sanjeevanam, we realise pain as a highly subjective mind and body experience. We incorporate different diagnostic methodologies in identifying the root cause of pain and plan unique customised treatment strategies to eliminate the causes.
Ayurvedic procedures such as Abhyangam, Kaya Sekam, Pinda Swedham, Shirodhara etc. along with yoga asanas and pranayama are some of the means to rebalance, strengthen, and purify the mind/body variables that lower our pain sensitivity.
6. Cancer Care
Chemo and radiation therapies, which are the most commonly followed procedures in the fight against cancer, almost always result in the patient having considerably reduced immunity, severe fatigue, disturbed digestive functions and bowel movements and irregular sleep patterns.
At Sanjeevanam, we believe ayurveda plays an important complementary role to western medicine in improving treatment efficiency. Ayurvedic medications and procedures has the potential to protect healthy cells, regulate body metabolism, improve immunity and control the various side-effects that accompany cancer treatment. Importance is given to the mental well-being of the guest through kriya yoga and appropriate western counselling frameworks.
7. Delaying De-generation
Degenerative diseases of the nervous system (Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis etc.) and musculo-skeletal system (osteoarthritis, disc degeneration, muscular dystrophy etc.) causes a significant effect on person’s ability to get around and take care of themselves thus markedly reducing the quality of life.
At Sanjeevanam, we identify the above degenerative conditions as treatable and believe that a timely intervention could delay or to some extend reverse the damage caused. Periodic preventive ayurvedic panchakarma therapies (Vasthi, Nasyam etc.) help in reducing the impact of environmental and lifestyle induced risk factors, thus aiding in delaying degenerative diseases to a greater extend.
A combination of hatha yoga, functional fitness and physiotherapy helps in improving the muscle functions, thereby reducing the stress on the affected areas and helping in reversing the damage, as much as possible.
8. Ante-Natal Care
Pregnancy is a very precious and important event in a woman’s life were the complete care of both mother and child is atmost important. From the moment of conception, the mother’s body begins to transform in many ways to accommodate the new life nurturing within. Systemic supervision (examination and advice) of a woman during pregnancy called antenatal care.
Ayurveda describes antenatal care (Garbhini Paricharya) as monthly dietary regimen and living style for whole pregnancy with an access to ensure normal pregnancy with delivery of a healthy baby from a healthy mother.
At Sanjeevanam, our bespoke antenatal care program, focuses on all aspects of the health and wellness of the expecting mother and her baby in a manner which is most compassionate and comprehensive. Our holistic approach involves proper advice on monthly dietary regimen for nutritional requirements, guidance on necessary lifestyle modifications, yoga and pranayama practices for smooth and comfortable birthing and month specific ayurvedic medications and treatments for healthy progeny.
9. Post-Natal Care
Delivering a baby is an experience of a life time, resulting in a emotional, mental and physical exertion that draws no parallel. Recovering from such a traumatic journey can be extremely challenging and is often a period of extreme confusion and exhaustion for the mother and people around. To make things worse, we often find that society under estimates the magnitude of the challenge in nursing the mother back to normal life and health.
Ayurveda elucidates due importance for the care of mother and child during the period immediately following delivery with specific diet and mode of life (Soothika Paricharya), by which the mother reverts back to her normal pre-pregnancy state both anatomically and physiologically and gain the mental, emotional, and spiritual resources needed to carry her through all the demands of family life, without feeling depleted.
The Sanjeevanam facility is designed to provide the mother and child a calm, peaceful and hygenic recovery space during this very stressful period. Proper advice and guidance is available 24/7 to clear all anxieties and queries of the mother during this period. The Post Natal program includes time and body specific ayurvedic treatments and medications for the mother to help her get back to her normal healthy state faster. Program also includes treatments at our natural hair and face care clinic along with kriya yoga to help rejuvenate the mind and physique during this period.
Notes related to Room Types & Tariff
- Complimentary pickup & drop-off from/ to Kochi airport is included in all programs
- Each room is equipped with TV, both national and international channels and complimentary Wi-Fi & Internet Access
- One by-stander accommodation is complimentary along with the guest. The by-stander shall be of age above 14 years
- Self-service laundry stations are available for guests to do their own personal laundry at a minimal cost. However, we have a fully equipped, modern, centralized laundry centre where we can do all laundry services for the guest at an additional charge
- Telephone calls made by the guest during the stay shall be charged separately
- Concierge services availed by the guest during the stay shall be charged separately
- Complimentary access to our following facilities is included in all programs:
- State of the art 25 seater movie theatre, which plays Indian & International movies through the day
- E-library with a wide choice of books
- Game room with a wide range of activities & games
- Functional Fitness Gym
- Business centre and video conferencing facilities to stay in touch with work and family for up to 4 hours during the duration of the program
Notes related to Treatment Approach & Tariff
- In case additional medical tests/ checkups need to be conducted, our in- house labs are equipped to do a complete health check-up of the guest, which shall be charged extra
- Any medications purchased from the pharmacy shall be charged separately
- All Internal medicines prescribed during your stay with us are complementary as part of the program
Notes related to Food Plan & Tariff
- Guests can choose from a wide range of Vegetarian & Non Vegetarian dishes, subject to consulting doctor’s discretion
- Outside food is STRICTLY prohibited during the course of the stay
- Our facility is a non-smoking facility.
- Alcohol is STRICTLY prohibited within the facility
- Up to 4 bottles of mineral water is complimentary per day
- Welcome drink upon arrival and after treatment green tea are complimentary
Being a valued guest, you and your family have the following Rights:
- Right to respect for personal dignity and privacy during examination, procedures and treatment
- Right to be protected against physical abuse and neglect
- Right to treat patient information as confidential
- Right to refusal of a specific treatment procedure or the entire treatment protocol before or during the treatment, and consultation with other doctors for second opinion
- Right to information including expected cost of treatment, stay, and allied charges
- Right to access your clinical records by you or family member as nominated by you.
- Right to know about the safe and effective use of medication prescribed, potential side effects of the medication if any
- Right to know about your diet and nutrition most appropriate, considering your current health status
- Right to know the identity of individuals providing service to you
- Right to respect your own social, cultural and spiritual beliefs
- Right to personal safety and security
- Right to know the hospital Rules and Regulations
- Right to raise the complaints through the register available in the reception
Being a valued guest, you and your family have the following Responsibilities:
1. Respect the hospital rules and regulations
- Comply with the No smoking, No Alcohol and No illicit drugs Policies
- Pan chewing and spitting is not allowed in hospital premises
- Comply with the visitor policies to ensure the rights and comfort of all patients
- Be considerate of noise levels, privacy and safety
- Switch off mobile phones inside consulting rooms and treatment rooms.
- No outside food allowed. Do not consume food in open areas and corridors
- Weapons and inflammable objects are prohibited inside the hospital premises
- Treat hospital staffs, other patients and visitors with courtesy and respect
2. Provide complete & accurate information with regards to
- your full name, address, home telephone number, date of birth and employer when it is required
- your health, including present condition, past illness, hospital stays, medicines, vitamins, herbal products and any other matters that pertain to your health
3. Actively participate in the treatment program by
- Providing pro-active feedback to doctors and keeping them and other caregivers informed of the effectiveness of the treatment
- To be on time in case of appointments. To inform about cancellation or rescheduling of appointment as far in advance as possible
- To follow the prescribed treatment plan and carefully comply with the instructions given
- Not to take any medications without the knowledge of the doctors
- To accept the measures taken by the hospital to ensure personal privacy and confidentiality of Medical Records