Healing @ SAyH
“At Sanjeevanam (SAyH), we have successfully integrated yoga, physiotherapy & functional fitness into our core ayurveda program to create a unique healing experience.” – Dr. A.V. Anoop, Managing Director, SAyH
“Prevention, Management & Treatment of ailments are three distinct healing interventions with different medical approaches. At Sanjeevanam, we have CURE programs with Ayurveda at its core, seamlessly integrated with other alternative wellness practices.” – Dr. Ravi Pullanikattil, Medical Director, SAyH
“Ayurveda defines health as not only the absence of disease, but also the enthusiasm to work and enthusiasm for compassion. At SAyH we have over 5 curative healing interventions carefully crafted to help guests get relief and cure from their various ailments.” – Dr. Anil Kaimal, Chief Ayurveda Physician, SAyH
Infertility is becoming increasingly prevalent with serious personal, psychological, financial and social implications. Infertility is not always an outcome of medical conditions or health ailments alone. External factors such as unhealthy food and lifestyle habits can trigger conditions like PCOD, menstrual irregularities, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, tubal blockage in females and Azoospermia, Oligospermia, Asthenospermia etc. in males, which culminates in infertility.
At SAyH our Infertility management program gives prime importance to correcting the underlying gynaecological problems of female partner and promoting healthy and quality sperm production of male partner. We have uniquely designed programs for womb preparation which enhances the success rate of Assisted Reproductive Techniques like IUI, IVF, ICSI etc. with personalised medications, therapies, yoga, meditation and diet to achieve balance of doshas and to correct the hormonal derangements.
Obesity is the abnormal or excessive fat accumulation in the body. Being overweight is the precursor to obesity. A sedentary life style and excess consumption of energy dense food, rich in fats and carbohydrates early on in life is often the leading cause for obesity in the later life stages. Obesity is a major risk factor contributing to other ailments like cardio-vascular diseases, diabetes, musculo-skeletal disorders and even cancers.
We, at Sanjeevanam, focus on the causes of Obesity and aims at the primordial prevention of the transition from overweight to obesity stage. We promote a food and lifestyle opposite to the causes of obesity. Apatarpana principle is adopted as the treatment and it includes modalities which eliminate the accumulated fat and corrects metabolism through customized ayurveda therapies, medications, diet, and yoga thereby reverting back to BMI within healthy limits.
3A. Lifestyle Disorders : Hypertension
Hypertension is one of the major causes of disability and even death evidenced all over the world. Major causes of this condition are stress, hectic lifestyle and irregular food ha
At SAyH, an ayurvedic lifestyle with specific personalized diet plan, medications and complaint specific treatments etc. are administered to keep the pressure in the blood vessels balanced. Practise of personalised yoga asanas (Yogic postures), Pranaayama (Breathing techniques), Dhyaana (Meditation) etc are also included as the part of Hypertension Management Program to help restore health.
3B. Lifestyle Disorders: Anti Arthritic Program
Arthritis is very common these days due to the sedentary lifestyle and poor eating habits. Diseases like, Osteo-arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gouty arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Peri-Arthritic Shoulder, Calcaneous Spur, Plantar fasciitis, Osteoporosis etc, are very common in this category. In Ayurvedic classics the management of Vatavyadhi and Vatasonitham are very elaborately explained even though it is considered as an Asaadhya roga (Incurable diseases).
We at SAyH strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda and customize the therapies considering the severity (Mild, Moderate, Severe) of the disease and the condition of the sufferer. The medicines and therapies are fix after individual consultation through deep listening, understanding the need and analysing the root cause. This program is designed to restore the total quality of life by relieving the difficulties.
3C. Lifestyle Disorders: Hyperlipidemia
Many potential lifestyle diseases are revealed by random blood examinations and routine health checkups. Hyperlipidemia is one among them characterized by elevated cholesterol, triglycerides or both. It predisposes cardiac arrest by developing atherosclerosis (deposition of fats in arteries). Most people with it, do not present any clinical symptoms until blockage of artery is resulted. There are several environmental factors, the most obvious being irregular diet habits, fat enriched food, lack of physical exercise added with stressful life style.
At SAyH, we lay great emphasis on the functional maintenance of primary digestive functions, upon which depends the functions of subsequent metabolism at tissue level. We line up our management clinically by adopting methods to increase the power of digestive enzymes to digest the metabolic toxins thus regulating proper assimilation and elimination of excess fat. The integration of yoga therapy helps to increase the flexibility of the body and de-stress the mind. Our journey adopts to follow a healthy lifestyle, appropriate diet intake and help to maintain a balanced state of mind to improve cardiac health.
3D. Lifestyle Disorders: Head Ache Management
Chronic head aches are the most important cause of intermittent disability and the types of head ache commonly seen are Cluster Headache, Tension Headache, Migraine or Vascular Headaches. There are various reasons contributing to head ache like Sinusitis, Rhinitis etc.
At SAyH, we incorporate Ayurveda treatment modalities which are proven effective for increasing the blood supply to the brain as well as various immuno- booster therapies to fight against infections to the sinuses. Effectively integrating pranayama, Hatha and Kriya yoga into treatment protocol will bring in tremendous results in de-stressing and reducing the pain intensity, also increasing pain free episodes and to enhance clarity of senses.
3E. Lifestyle Disorders: Digestive Disorders
The digestive disorders are caused due to the derangement of the digestion and metabolism and is attributed as the prime cause of various lifestyle disorders. The factors responsible for vitiated digestion includes improper medications, poor bowel habits, irregular timing of food, frequent consumption of junk foods, low fibre diets, incautious use of laxatives, alcohol and tobacco, hormonal disorders, etc.
Commonly seen digestive disorders include Constipation, GERD (Gastro Oesophageal Reflux Disease), Haemorrhoids (Piles), Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Indigestion, Abdominal bloating, gastritis , Oesophagus Disorders, etc.
At SAyH, we designed the management of digestive disorders with internal medication to boost the digestive fire and external procedures focused at correcting tissue level metabolism and hormonal imbalances. We believe in providing timely quality diet to enhance metabolism. Considering the strength of the patient and chronicity and intensity of the disease, Ayurveda Panchakarma therapies are also adopted to correct the bowel movements, enhance assimilation and proper excretion.
3F. Lifestyle Disorders: Cervical Spondylitis Management
Cervical Spondylitis is one among the inflammatory conditions affecting the cervical spine. Pain and stiffness are the primary symptoms, associated symptoms being numbness and reduced motor power in the upper limbs. Radiation of pain from shoulder to all joints along the course of the nerve indicates nerve root compression. It has been estimated that more than half the adult population experience neck pain in their lifetime and a significant percentage are highly disabled by it. The sedentary life style, improper postures at work and certain professions requiring longer hours of computer work accelerates the inflammatory process of the spine significantly reducing one’s work efficiency as well as deteriorating the quality of life.
At SAyH we give special emphasis in an integrated approach in managing Cervical spondylitis with internal medications for relieving inflammation and external therapies aim at pain relieving and strengthening the para-spinal muscles. The role of functional fitness and yoga in managing the disease and strengthening of para spinal muscles is a key aspect of our program.
Unexplained fatigue, irritability, blurred vision, frequent infections, increased thirst, frequent turbid urination, extreme hunger, weight loss, delayed healing of wounds etc may be the alarming signs of Pre- Diabetes. HbA1C test confirms / rule out Pre-Diabetes because over the time diabetes can damage the heart, blood vessels, eyes, kidneys and nerves.
We at SAyH focus on the sustainable management and prevention in pre-diabetic patients. The infusion of mutli- disciplinary approach like Yoga, dietetics, health and fitness and freshly prepared customised medicines gives a wider hope to those inflicted to restore back to health. The treatment provides metabolic correction and thus prevents the erroneous combination of doshas and dhatus thus managing the symptoms of the disease as well as its further advancement thus keeping the patient away from future complications of diabetes.
5A. Aliments of all Organs: Hepatic Disorders
A healthy liver is the silent reflection of inner health. Several factors contribute towards liver pathologies including external causes like viral infections, alcohol/ medication abuse, deranged life styles etc. and internal causes like metabolic errors and genetic predispositions. The common liver pathologies include hepatitis, Alcoholic and non- alcoholic fatty liver diseases, cirrhosis, auto immune hepatic diseases etc.
The SAyH approach aims at improving the metabolism of the patient thereby preventing the fat accumulation in the liver. Ayurvedic treatment methodologies twinned with yoga and diet modification enhances the regenerative potency of the existing undamaged hepatic cells. Freshly prepared medicines, free from preservatives, reduces the chances of hepatic toxicity. Detoxification therapy prevents the progression of liver diseases. Corrected metabolism and proper life style advises helps to improve the quality of life by recouping the digestive fire, correcting bowel functions, reducing swelling and relaxing the mental stress and thus preventing further liver damage.
5B. Aliments of all Organs: Skin Diseases
Most of the dermatological disorders are mentally agonising as they bear a social stigma of a visible skin disease, frequent visits to doctors and the need to constantly apply messy topical remedies. A topic Dermatitis (Eczema), Psoriasis, Urticaria (Itching skin), pigmentation, acne, lichen planus etc. are the most common amongst skin disorders.
At SAyH, our Skin care program involves use of oral medications to keep the digestive fire intact and external procedures for opening the pores thereby increasing the absorption through skin. The elimination of metabolic toxins from the body by Panchakarama therapies helps to correct the Auto-immune causative factors of skin diseases.
Stress is often found to be the main trigger for various skin diseases and their recurrence. We have integrated Kriya Yoga (Pranayama and Meditation) into our program as a supportive procedure for this same reason.
5C. Aliments of all Organs: Eye Disorders
Eye is considered as the most vital sense organ. Most commonly observed eye disorders include dry eyes, computer vision syndrome, age related macular degeneration, glaucoma, cataract, diabetic retinopathy, hypertensive retinopathy etc which mainly attributes its cause towards defective life style.
Ayurveda advocates many safe, effective and simple techniques for maintaining visual health. These time tested approaches can be easily practiced in everyday life to prevent lifestyle related eye disorders. Treatment modalities in Ayurveda are considered as highly effective for the maintenance of eye health. Various Yoga techniques are also effective for ocular health and better eye sight.
At SAyH adopts various “Kriyakalpas” – Ayurvedic therapeutic measures for the treatment of eye diseases and to promote eye health. These are exclusively to nurture the vision and to correct the eye disorders. Integrated approach at Sanjeevanam incorporates Yoga in the treatment modalities which increases circulation to the blood vessels and capillaries of eye leading the relaxation of eyes which in turn contribute to better clarity of vision.
Notes related to Room Types & Tariff
- Complimentary pickup & drop-off from/ to Kochi airport is included in all programs
- Each room is equipped with TV, both national and international channels and complimentary Wi-Fi & Internet Access
- One by-stander accommodation is complimentary along with the guest. The by-stander shall be of age above 14 years
- Self-service laundry stations are available for guests to do their own personal laundry at a minimal cost. However, we have a fully equipped, modern, centralized laundry centre where we can do all laundry services for the guest at an additional charge
- Telephone calls made by the guest during the stay shall be charged separately
- Concierge services availed by the guest during the stay shall be charged separately
- Complimentary access to our following facilities is included in all programs:
- State of the art 25 seater movie theatre, which plays Indian & International movies through the day
- E-library with a wide choice of books
- Game room with a wide range of activities & games
- Functional Fitness Gym
- Business centre and video conferencing facilities to stay in touch with work and family for up to 4 hours during the duration of the program
Notes related to Treatment Approach & Tariff
- In case additional medical tests/ checkups need to be conducted, our in- house labs are equipped to do a complete health check-up of the guest, which shall be charged extra
- Any medications purchased from the pharmacy shall be charged separately
- All Internal medicines prescribed during your stay with us are complementary as part of the program
Notes related to Food Plan & Tariff
- Guests can choose from a wide range of Vegetarian & Non Vegetarian dishes, subject to consulting doctor’s discretion
- Outside food is STRICTLY prohibited during the course of the stay
- Our facility is a non-smoking facility.
- Alcohol is STRICTLY prohibited within the facility
- Up to 4 bottles of mineral water is complimentary per day
- Welcome drink upon arrival and after treatment green tea are complimentary
Being a valued guest, you and your family have the following Rights:
- Right to respect for personal dignity and privacy during examination, procedures and treatment
- Right to be protected against physical abuse and neglect
- Right to treat patient information as confidential
- Right to refusal of a specific treatment procedure or the entire treatment protocol before or during the treatment, and consultation with other doctors for second opinion
- Right to information including expected cost of treatment, stay, and allied charges
- Right to access your clinical records by you or family member as nominated by you.
- Right to know about the safe and effective use of medication prescribed, potential side effects of the medication if any
- Right to know about your diet and nutrition most appropriate, considering your current health status
- Right to know the identity of individuals providing service to you
- Right to respect your own social, cultural and spiritual beliefs
- Right to personal safety and security
- Right to know the hospital Rules and Regulations
- Right to raise the complaints through the register available in the reception
Being a valued guest, you and your family have the following Responsibilities:
1. Respect the hospital rules and regulations
- Comply with the No smoking, No Alcohol and No illicit drugs Policies
- Pan chewing and spitting is not allowed in hospital premises
- Comply with the visitor policies to ensure the rights and comfort of all patients
- Be considerate of noise levels, privacy and safety
- Switch off mobile phones inside consulting rooms and treatment rooms.
- No outside food allowed. Do not consume food in open areas and corridors
- Weapons and inflammable objects are prohibited inside the hospital premises
- Treat hospital staffs, other patients and visitors with courtesy and respect
2. Provide complete & accurate information with regards to
- your full name, address, home telephone number, date of birth and employer when it is required
- your health, including present condition, past illness, hospital stays, medicines, vitamins, herbal products and any other matters that pertain to your health
3. Actively participate in the treatment program by
- Providing pro-active feedback to doctors and keeping them and other caregivers informed of the effectiveness of the treatment
- To be on time in case of appointments. To inform about cancellation or rescheduling of appointment as far in advance as possible
- To follow the prescribed treatment plan and carefully comply with the instructions given
- Not to take any medications without the knowledge of the doctors
- To accept the measures taken by the hospital to ensure personal privacy and confidentiality of Medical Records