Karkidaka Kanji Recipe
This speciality is made during the month of Karkidakam, when the heavy rains are likely to pave the way for ill health. It gives the system the immunity boost it deserves and has been part of the traditional monsoon food regimen in Kerala for long.
What Are The Ingredients Of Karkidaka Kanji ?
- Navara rice – 100gm
- Fenugreek seeds – 25gm
- Halim seeds – 10gm
- Dried ginger powder – 5gm
- Crushed pepper – 5gm
- Jeera – 5gm
- Turmeric powder – 5gm
- Garlic – 5gm
- Carom seeds – 5gm
- Coconut milk – 1/4 cup
How To Prepare Karkidaka Kanji ?
- Wash the rice, fenugreek, halim seeds and boil it in 1 litre water.
- Once boiled, pour the coconut milk and immediately take off the flame.
- Add rest of the spices, mix well and keep covered for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Karkkidaka kanji is best as breakfast or it can be taken as dinner.
What Are The Benefits Of Karkidaka Kanji ?
- Boosts immunity
- Helps in detoxification
- Aids digestion
- Reduces cholesterol
- Improve bowel movement